Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What do you see?

Think about this field of wildflowers as a metaphor for a classroom of children. How does your perspective of the picture change as you look for the uniqueness?

When I think of a classroom of diverse children the same way I think of a field of wildflowers it helps me think of differences as essential and important instead of inconveniences. It helps remind me how boring a classroom or society would be if all the members were the same.

Our society and culture depends on having difference kinds of people to share their strengths to make our world complete. Peoples' differences help us learn the essential skills of compassion, patience, cooperation that are much needed in society.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not certain your opinion would be popular in Arizona right now!

    ReplyDelete